Follow these directions
1. Open Word Document
2. Type your name/date/hour in the top left corner
3. In a paragraph tell me about your favorite book you've ever read. Why do you like it? When did you read it? etc.
4. Look up the author online. Write down two interesting facts about the author. Site your source.
5. Where was the author born?
6. Look up the city the author was born in. Write down two interesting facts about the city? Site your source.
7. What country is the city located in?
8. Look up the country the city is located in. Write down two interesting facts about the country? Site your source.
9. What similarities can you tell me about the sources you used? Would you recommend any of these sources for someone else? Why or Why Not?
Office 365 accounts
go to http://office365.cvs.k12.mi.us
Use the email address
your password is the same one you use to log onto the computers at school.
Today we did a spelling test on our words for the week we also did our word roots and tested on those.
Today's students to contest that tested them on their reading comprehension skills, tomorrow they will take a similar test dealing with language arts skills. The scores will help me break the students into groups with similar skills for our next
Today the students went over everything that goes into a close and critical writing. Students found out what exactly constitutes a good answer, how the rubric work, and how to grade a closing critical in a p
After tasking the NWEA test part one today students were directed to go to the website and check out the latest round of spelling words. This time around students will not be doing a tic tac toe, but instead will be writing the word out three times, writing down the definition, and then creating a sentence that uses the word. In spite of not actually using 20 spelling words, the assignment will be called a 20/20/20. This assignment will be due on Friday of this week.
Word Roots: morph - chron - graph
Prompt for 1/2 page quick write
How has the Constitution let you lead the life you lead?
Students got an assignment to do at home with a parent or guardian that has them interviewing and the creating an expository paragraph that explains or gives information and uses the interview as evidence. A completed packet needs to be turned in no later than next Wednesday. This requires some help from parents and parent feedback.